If you’re unable to cut back or stop drinking on your own, help is available. And, when one-on-one therapy is no longer enough to help you quit – it may be time to choose a more intensive addiction recovery center.
Are you in the market for a behavioral health facility for alcohol abuse treatment for yourself or a loved one? Make sure it offers everything you’re looking for, including the following considerations:
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Facility
There are two main types of alcohol abuse treatment centers: inpatient and outpatient. Each has its own set of pros and cons. Here is a quick rundown of what to expectat each type of alcohol abuse recovery center:
- Inpatient Recovery – a residential treatment facility where you temporarily live in a controlled environment with around-the-clock staff and support. This type of behavioral health facility is designed for those with serious addictions and for whom getting away from the distractions of daily life would be helpful.
- Outpatient Recovery– this facility provides a structured therapeutic environment on a part-time basis for alcohol abuse treatment. This allows participants to continue working or going to school throughout their treatment. This type of behavioral health facility is ideally suited for those with moderate to severe alcohol abuse and for whom remaining close to family and friends during treatment can provide much-needed social support. Additionally, an outpatient recovery facility is less restrictive, costs less, and is generally less disruptive to your daily life than an inpatient facility.
Substance abuse recovery is a process. A behavioral health facility for alcohol abuse treatment should have the following treatments available, at the very least:
- Medically supervised detox
- Substance abuse education
- Individual and group counseling
- Skill-building and support to help prevent relapse
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is another treatment method that can help with withdrawal of symptoms and reduce the desire to drink. We also offer office-based opioid treatment (OBOT) for those who may be dealing with drug addiction as well.
Outpatient Alcohol Abuse Treatment in Virginia
Do you or someone you know need help with substance abuse? At Epic Health Partners, our behavioral health facility for alcohol abuse treatment is considered an intensive outpatient program, or IOP. Our outpatient recovery center offers safe and effective rehabilitation for those with an alcohol abuse disorder who may be experiencing mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms. Our skill-building includes problem-solving, coping mechanisms, and self-awareness to help you avoid the triggers that can lead to relapse. We also partner with community resources to help you maintain your sobriety after the initial rehab period.
Call Epic Health Partners at (434) 835-4601 today or request an appointment o find out how we can help. For added convenience, we have locations in Danville, Martinsville, and Richmond, Virginia.