Intensive In-Home Services
Children, adolescents, and their families can often need mental, emotional, or behavioral assistance and support. EPIC Health Partners provides intensive services to help create stability within the home so that the child is able to remain in the care of their guardian and avoid out-of-home placement.
Our intensive in-home program includes direct services, as well as care coordination that focuses on improving the individual’s ability to interact positively in the home, school, and community. These services, which are funded by Virginia Medicaid, are provided in the home and community (when deemed medically necessary) and focus on the family as a whole unit. Services can be provided seven days a week for up to 10 hours per week as determined by Virginia Medicaid. Sessions are not to exceed three hours per day per individual unless clinically necessary. Services can be provided between the hours of 6 am and 10 pm.
To qualify for the Intensive In-Home Services program, the individual must:
- Be Virginia Medicaid eligible;
- Demonstrate a clinical need for the service arising from a mental, emotional, or behavioral disorder;
- Be at risk for removal from their home in placements such as psychiatric hospitalization, juvenile detention, therapeutic foster care, or residential treatment facility;
- Demonstrate significantly inappropriate social behavior or engage in dangerous activities without recognizing the danger they are in or are placing others in;
- Have received lesser restrictive services without success in changing behavior.
Referral sources for the Intensive In-Home Services program include managed care organizations, community partners, self-referral, physicians’ offices, family, friends, other behavioral health agencies, schools, the Department of Social Services, foster care agencies, EPIC internal programs, and the Office of Children’s’ Services (CSA).
In-Home Mental & Behavioral Services in Danville, Martinsville, and Richmond, Virginia
For more information about Intensive In-Home Services or to refer a child, contact EPIC Health Partners’ ARTS by calling (434) 835-4601, or use our Request an Appointment form.